Ice Fishing!

                

                        the view at upper baker pond, images taken by me and copyrighted                                                         

  Ice Fishing at Upper Baker Pond!

 Over winter break, my brother, dad, and I went ice fishing. I have gone with them in the past but never really participated. Since going to college, I haven't really had the time like I used to and wasn't able to spend as much time with my family as I would like, but the breaks always give me a chance to catch up on what I've missed. Ice fishing isn't really my idea of having fun, but I really wanted to spend time with my family and be outside. We went to Upper Baker Pond in Orford, NH which is up past Wentworth and close to Camp Moosilauke. It was a beautiful day on the ice and I held my first fish! Although, not long after I dropped it (it was fine), and then we let it back into the water. While waiting for the fish, I attempted to teach my brother to crochet which was honestly the hardest part of the whole trip. After about 30 minutes of trying, we both gave up and went back to fishing. It meant a lot to me to spend this time with them and because they knew I was doing something out of my comfort zone, they tried to do something out of theirs too. It was a long day on the ice and we only caught one fish but it was an experience I wouldn't trade for the world. Crazily enough, I'm hoping we do it again next winter because I actually had fun. 

                                              

my brother and father setting up, image taken and copyrighted by me                   

   

my first time holding a fish! image taken by me and copyrighted

Comments

Popular Posts